Joel P. Sussman, M.D. FAAP
Clinical Director; Palmetto Associates for Scholastic Success (P.A.S.S.)
245 Business Park Boulevard                  Columbia, SC 29203           Phone:  (803) 462-1234


Other Professionals

Dr. Sussman estimates that only 5% of his patients have ADHD-Simplex. This is a condition where there are no other accompanying disorders. These patients can be treated with medication and some accommodations in school or in their work..Of the other 95% of the patients, a certain number do not have ADHD at all. The rest have ADHD along with many other disorders. Treatment for these patients must be multi-dimensional. We have thus recruited a number of people who are at the top of their respective fields to help in many ways---educational, psychological, neurological and physical. We will continue to search out other experts to help in their respective areas. The experts that I refer to when necessary and offer the most comprehensive care to our patients include the following: 

Reading to Succeed

Lynn Spencer, M.Ed.

Reading and Learning Disabilities Specialist        Academic Success Begins With Reading Success      

245 Business Park Boulevard               Columbia, SC  29203   (803) 361-3449 or (803) 736-3686


Lynn Spencer attended Michigan State University and earned a BA in Elementary Education and Secondary Education in the fields of English, Social Studies, & Science.  Mrs. Spencer taught elementary education in the West Bloomfield School District, in West Bloomfield, Michigan.  She earned a M.Ed. in Reading and Learning Disabilities from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan and Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, respectively.  She was an instructor for Michigan State University in the School of Education. Mrs. Spencer taught five hundred level education classes and was in charge of intern teachers.  She has worked as a Reading and Learning Disabilities Specialist for the past several years, evaluating children as well as adults and implementing therapeutic programs to improve academic progress.  She is available for educational diagnostic testing and educational therapy. She may be reached at 736-3686 or 361-3449 between 9:00 am and noon and between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm to make arrangements for either testing or treatment.

Carey A. Washington, PhD.    Clinical Psychologist
245 Business Park Blvd. Columbia, SC  29203  (803) 699-1115

Dr. Washington has over 37 years of clinical experience with teenagers, adults, and geriatric clients.  His work background has included intervention with a variety of clinical issues including depression, anxiety, panic disorders, alcohol, drugs, and sexual issues.  He has post-doctorate training in Adlerian Psychology and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with a specific focus on family related issues and anxiety.  Consultation is provided to businesses, schools, and other agencies as an expert witness.


Cary N. Sussman, B.S., M.A.T    Palmetto Metronome Therapy

245 Business Park Boulevard Columbia, SC 29203
(803) 622-8874

Cary Sussman is a professional educator and certified provider of Interactive Metronome® therapy.  He was recently named by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Providers of Interactive Metronome Therapy in the United States.  Outside of the classroom, Mr. Sussman has over 14 years of experience with children and teenagers as an academic tutor and athletic coach/trainer. He began his Interactive Metronome® training as an assistant to Nate Tomforde, a former associate of Palmetto Associates for Scholastic Success. Please contact Mr. Sussman at (803) 622-8874 or at to get a free evaluation. 


Website Builder